Background

Friday, January 10, 2014

I'm Not Perfect...

Let me just go ahead and put it out there that there aren't many vegetables I like. Carrots, corn (that I know doesn't REALLY count), cucumbers, lettuce, green beans, squash if it's fried and I recently discovered I like red bell peppers. That'd be it. But I love meat, and just make it work for me!

I'm also by no means a clean eating freak. That's all well and good but sometimes you just need some spaghetti in your life. I try to eat as clean as I can. I buy fresh when possible and frozen when I can't. I try to steer clear of all the middle aisles at the grocery store, and go to the Farmer's Market in the summer.

So you're probably wondering how I benefited from this GF/WF lifestlye. Well for starters I lost 40 pounds. Starting out I was wishing and hoping and crossing my fingers that I would lose 25. It was slow and steady at first but then once I was all in it literally started dripping off. I am no longer on thyroid medication. I was told I was pre-diabetic and my blood sugars are now in the healthy range. I suffered from debilitating migraines frequently, about every 2-3 days and I haven't had a migraine, not even one time, since last April/May. My boyfriend and I both suffered from stomach issues including IBS and we no longer have those. I feel AMAZE BALLS - seriously so much energy, stamina, no need for that afternoon nap when I get off work. I discovered I actually don't mind running, when it's warm, and became slightly obsessed. My skin, hair and nails are so much healthier, not dry and brittle. That's all I can think of for now, but that list is quite impressive!

For me, being GF/WF is one of those things that I think, "why the heck didn't I do this sooner?" Not only for the weight loss, but just for the way I feel. That in itself is worth it to me to pass up that warm, luscious roll with butter on it or the cheesy pasta. I can still have those things, just a little different, and not have the problems I had before.

No comments:

Post a Comment