Background

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Here we go...

What the heck am I doing!?!

So, I have been thinking about and been told several times that I should start a blog. Here's why...

I have been living the Gluten Free and Wheat Free lifestyle since last April. I know, I'm a glutton for punishment, especially because I grew up with biscuits and rolls as a staple at our dinner table. I can promise you I loved (possibly still love) bread, pasta, cake, cupcakes, cookies, etc. more than any human on the planet. And yet I have adapted a lifestyle which alters that and even cuts my favorite things out. What was I thinking?

Growing up I was always thin and floppy and never, ever worried about what I ate.  Heck, my sister and I used to eat fried butter sandwiches every afternoon! I was very athletic in high school but still ate whatever the heck I wanted. It wasn't until the dreaded and very much for real Freshmen 15 hit me my first year in college. That 15 turned into about 3-5 pounds every year until last year. I was literally miserable in my own body. And although I think I carried it all well, and was fashionable not frumpy, I hated it. I had tried every fad diet, every diet pill, joined a gym, even tried going GF to help with migraines along with weight loss. Nothing worked. Sure I'd lose about 5-10 pounds but would get burned out and here they came running back.

I'm not quite sure at what moment I had an epiphany and decided, "this is it." But I did. I never looked back. Sure I've messed up a couple times and fell off the wagon, but not many. And I can't even begin to list all the issues I had that are now better or gone thanks to going GF/WF, some I didn't even realize I had.

So I'm doing this blog to share recipes, ideas, ways to be GF/WF with y'all because I promise just cutting back a tad or at least being more conscious about the gluten or wheat in your diet will help you out!

To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment